Mechanical Engineering is the application of laws of solid mechanics, fluid mechanics and thermal sciences to the analysis, design and/or manufacturing of systems and products. Mechanical Engineers are concerned with the principles of force, energy and motion. They play a key role in national, state and local economies by bringing their expertise in the development of power generation systems (such as steam turbines, jet engines and internal combustion engines) which provide mechanical power to all segments of society. They are responsible for the design of the machines used for mass production of engineering products.
There are several Courses offered in this department in our college namely;
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering production option.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering plant option.
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
- Craft certificate in Mechanical engineering production option.
- Craft certificate in Welding and Fabrication.
- Craft certificate in Automotive Engineering.
- Artisan Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
We may revise these programs to respond to changing technologies and provide learners with sufficient skills to make them versatile based on industrial trends and needs.
The department has continued to engage with the industry with a view to improve competences in particular areas of need. We hope that our trainees will find employment in; Power companies such as Kengen, KPLC, Power plant and automotive firms such as General Motors, CMC motors, Toyota Kenya, among others. Manufacturing firms such as Bamburi cement, BAT, Bidco, EABL, Unilever, Mining Companies, Portland cement, among others. State corporations such as; Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), Kenya Pipeline, among others.