Nyakach Technical and Vocational College (NTVC)
NTVC is a public TVET institution in Kenya under the ministry of education; state department of vocational and technical training. It is among the sixty TVET institution constructed during the first phase of the ministry’s plans to construct up to 130 TVET institution across the constituencies in Kenya.
The college was constructed by the National Government in collaboration with the Nyakach constituency under the mentorship of the Kisumu National Polytechnic. At the time of its construction the college was meant to be a center of excellence in Mechanical Engineering and Information Communication Technology (ICT).
NTVC is located in a place known as Ogoro in West –Kadiangá Village, south west Nyakach, Nyakach sub-county in Kisumu County (Upper Nyakach division, next to Ogoro police post). It is situated right on top of Nyabondo Plateau with an excellent view of Lake Victoria and the beautiful city of Kisumu. It is approximately 15 kilometers from Sondu Town and approximately 5 kilometers from Nyakach Girls High School
As a center of excellence in Mechanical engineering NTVC has two well-equipped mechanical engineering workshops with modern machines to enable effective delivery of the appropriate training. The college also has a well-equipped computer laboratory.
Since its initiation in the year 2019 the college has grown in all spheres to become a place of choice. Currently college offers various artisan, craft and diploma courses. The college have presented candidates for the Kenya National Examination Council Exams twice from the time the first set of trainees were admitted to the institution.
To be a reputable institution in innovation, research, training and production of highly skilled personnel and market driven merchandise.
To provide quality technical, vocational and entrepreneurship training, research and innovation in partnership with stakeholders to produce globally competitive graduates.
- To provide accessible, equitable, quality competency-based education and training.
- To strengthen and invigorate a strong sense of community and promote relationship between the college and the broader community through Community Social Responsibility.
- To ensure continuous improvement and development in research and innovation at Nyakach Technical and Vocational College.
- To ensure compliance, collaborations, linkages and partnerships and best practices in corporate governance.
- To extend and develop college administration to achieve financial sustainability for Nyakach Technical and Vocational College to carry out its mandate
- Collaborate with industry and other players to incorporate new manufacturing technologies in competency-based training programs at Nyakach Technical and Vocational College
- Produce competent human resource for the building and construction industry;
- Engage in outreach programs that promote adherence to COVID-19 protocols and general healthy life style
- To extend and develop college administration systems, resources and facilities within sustainable practices.